Thursday 5 April 2012

2012 TIAFT Conference

Earlier this year I submitted an abstract to the chairperson of the 2012 organising committee of The International Association of Forensic Toxicologists (TIAFT), with the hopes of attending the upcoming conference in Hamamatsu, Japan.

Logo for the conference I will have the privilege of attending

Back in 2009 I was afforded the opportunity to attend the TIAFT conference in Geneva, Switzerland. It was truly amazing to meet my peers, and to immerse myself in the buzzing atmosphere of toxicologists sharing their latest research, curious cases and other bits and pieces of fascinating information.

At any rate, I received word today that I will be attending the 50th annual meeting of The International Association of Forensic Toxicologists, and will be presenting a poster at this conference. The abstract I submitted was titled "Further study of the detection of oxidation products of 11-nor-9-carboxy THC (THC-COOH) following urinary adulteration", and will discuss the effects of different oxidising adulterants on the detection of a key secondary metabolite of delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinol (THC) in urine. I really haven't mentioned this research prior to this post, so at some point in the future I shall provide a quick intro into what I am currently researching.

In the coming weeks I will provide a preview of my poster. More importantly, I need to finalise my research so I have a poster to present!

The coming weeks shall be busy indeed.

With kindest regards,
Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment